1.9.2017 – 31.8.2019
Sign language is the highest quality of the Deaf Culture. Diminishing this language through dominant hearing environment is one of the basic reason of strengthening more and more closed and hermetic environment of the deaf people. Being deaf is not a factor which is treated as a disadvantage by the deaf, but it is the way of life and identity. Deaf Culture is displayed also in discovering the history of the Deaf or in active art activities. The Deaf Art is art by the Deaf artists referring to their experiences, it is space which serves The Deaf artists to look for quests connected with their own identity or cultural conflict with the Hearing ,but it is also a space of common social identification. Apart form different kinds of visual arts, like painting, graphics or photography, it is also theatre or film or connected with sign language – storytelling. Project ’Break the Silence” refers to all mentioned aspects connected with culture and identity of the deaf students.
- Specjalny Ośrodek Szkolno-Wychowawczy nr 4
- Scoala Gimnaziala Speciala pentru Surzi, nr. 1
- Kindergarten (preschool) and Elementary School of the Deaf & Hard-of-Hearing of Likovrisi – Pefki
- Zavod za gluhe in naglusne Ljubljana
- Von-Lerchenfeld-Schule Bamberg, Privates Förderzentrum Förderschwerpunkt Hören des Katholischen Bildungszentrums